Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. When you're hungry first thing in the morning, you know you've got something delicious waiting for you in the fridge.
And these protein-packed vanilla and coconut overnight oats are as quick and simple as it gets — five nourishing ingredients, less than five minutes prep time, and full of over 20g of protein to keep you feeling satisfied all morning.
Overnight oats are great for family breakfasts too — just double, triple or quadruple the recipe and serve with lots of toppings so everyone can help themselves!
- 50g oats
- 2 scoops (25g) vanilla Plant-Based Protein
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 200ml almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- Optional: maple syrup, to sweeten
- Optional toppings: seasonal fruit, berries, nut butter, cacao nibs
- Place the oats in a bowl or jar and stir in the Plant-Based Protein, coconut and cinnamon.
- Pour in the milk and either stir the mixture to combine or, if using a jar, place the lid on and shake well.
- Sweeten with maple syrup to taste and leave in the fridge for at least four hours, or ideally, overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with your favourite fruit and nut butter.
More flavours to try!
Feel free to play around with flavours too — vanilla and coconut bring a slightly exotic feel to breakfast but here are some other flavour combinations you might light to try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter — use the Cacao and Caramel flavour Plant-Based Protein and stir through some peanut butter
- Apple and Cinnamon — simply stir through some grated apple and add a little extra cinnamon
- Strawberries and Cream — use the Wild Berry flavour Plant-Based Protein and top with chopped strawberries and coconut cream
- Tropical — simply stir through half a cup of diced peach, pineapple and mango, and top with some toasted coconut flakes
Share your creations with us on social media @ReflexNutrition