Vegan? Scroll down to find our Vegan Recipe..
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Serves 1-2, depending on appetite
- 30g oats
- 10g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 25g Chocolate flavour Instant Whey™ Pro
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium banana
- Coconut oil or ghee, for frying
- Your choice of toppings: Berries, sliced banana, nut butter, yogurt, sliced almonds, cacoa nibs…
Place all pancake ingredients into a blender and process on high speed until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee.
- Once pan is hot and coconut oil or ghee is melted, pour the pancake batter into the pan, 1-2 tablespoons at a time. The batter will spread a little as it cooks so make sure you leave enough space between them.
- Cook for two minutes until the batter starts to puff up, flip and cook for another one minute on the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top with your favourite yogurt, fruit, and nut butters.
The banana adds natural sweetness, the eggs provide you with healthy fats, and the chocolate flavour Instant Whey™ Pro makes them extra chocolatey!
Vegan Protein Pancakes
These vegan protein pancakes are fluffy, chocolatey and super easy to make. They’re packed full of Plant-Based Protein and slow releasing carbs to keep you energised throughout the morning and they can easily be made gluten-free meaning they are perfect for anyone with gluten allergies or intolerance's – just top with your favourite fruit and nut butter for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
- 120g oats (gluten-free if required)
- 50g rich cacao & caramel Plant-Based Protein
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 medium banana (the riper the better)
- 300ml almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1tsp olive oil or coconut oil (for frying)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 25g vegan chocolate chips
- 25g chopped nuts
- Sliced, banana
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Coconut chips
- Coconut yogurt
- Sliced almonds
Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blend until they are broken down to a fine powder.
- Add the Plant-Based Protein, baking powder, banana, and almond milk and whizz until you have a smooth batter.
- Add in an extras you are using and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat and add the oil. Spoon in 2tbsp of batter per pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles start appearing in the batter.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with fruit, nut butter, coconut yogurt or your choice of toppings.