Vegan? Scroll down to find our Vegan Recipe..
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Serves 1-2, depending on appetite
- 30g oats
- 10g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 25g Chocolate flavour Instant Whey™ Pro
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium banana
- Coconut oil or ghee, for frying
- Your choice of toppings: Berries, sliced banana, nut butter, yogurt, sliced almonds, cacoa nibs…
Place all pancake ingredients into a blender and process on high speed until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee.
- Once pan is hot and coconut oil or ghee is melted, pour the pancake batter into the pan, 1-2 tablespoons at a time. The batter will spread a little as it cooks so make sure you leave enough space between them.
- Cook for two minutes until the batter starts to puff up, flip and cook for another one minute on the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top with your favourite yogurt, fruit, and nut butters.
The banana adds natural sweetness, the eggs provide you with healthy fats, and the chocolate flavour Instant Whey™ Pro makes them extra chocolatey!
Vegan Protein Pancakes
These vegan protein pancakes are fluffy, chocolatey and super easy to make. They’re packed full of Vegan Protein and slow releasing carbs to keep you energised throughout the morning and they can easily be made gluten-free meaning they are perfect for anyone with gluten allergies or intolerance's – just top with your favourite fruit and nut butter for a nutritious and delicious breakfast.
- 120g oats (gluten-free if required)
- 50g rich chocolate Vegan Protein
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 medium banana (the riper the better)
- 300ml almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1tsp olive oil or coconut oil (for frying)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 25g vegan chocolate chips
- 25g chopped nuts
- Sliced, banana
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Coconut chips
- Coconut yogurt
- Sliced almonds
Place the oats in a blender or food processor and blend until they are broken down to a fine powder.
- Add the Vegan Protein, baking powder, banana, and almond milk and whizz until you have a smooth batter.
- Add in an extras you are using and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat and add the oil. Spoon in 2tbsp of batter per pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles start appearing in the batter.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with fruit, nut butter, coconut yogurt or your choice of toppings.