KEEP CALM AND CARROT ON!
Reflex PT Reece Lennox (@positive_fits) has been busy in the kitchen! Carrot cake counts as a vegetable, doesn't it? Of course it does! Indulge in this protein rich dessert whilst providing towards your daily protein intake 🥕
Ingredients : Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoons of Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 100g Ground Almond
- 200g Grated Carrots
- 60g Sultanas
- 50g Pecans
Ingredients : Frosting
- 150g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Scoop of 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla (35g)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix Ground Almond, Salt, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the Eggs and add Maple Syrup, Coconut oil then stir in the grated Carrot, the Sultanas and the Pecans.
- Mix dry ingredients in the wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into a lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While cake cools, mix Greek yoghurt and 1 scoop of 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla to make the frosting.
- Once the cake cools top with frosting and any remaining chopped nuts.
What is 100% Whey?
100% Whey Protein contains pure whey protein and amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscle tissue. We use whey protein that's hormone and antibiotic free and made from the milk of grass-fed cows. Milk from grass-fed cows is richer in omega-3 fatty acids and has up to five times as much CLA.
100% Whey Protein also contains LactoSpore®, a friendly bacteria and there's no added sugars, no amino spiking and no soy protein.