These plant-based, vegan protein balls are perfect for when you get the mid-morning munchies or need an afternoon pick me up.
They’re packed full of protein, only contain five ingredients and are super-simple to make.
The oats give you a healthy dose of wholegrains to help keep your energy balanced throughout the day, the peanut butter makes the protein balls deliciously creamy and provides you with healthy fats and the maple syrup makes them perfectly sweet.
The cacao and caramel protein makes them deliciously chocolatey and you can add extra cacao powder for even more of a chocolate hit as well as cacao nibs for extra crunch and added antioxidants if you like too!
They keep well in the fridge for up to a week and you can easily double of triple the recipe (because they are pretty more-ish!).
These plant-based protein balls are:
Perfect for snacking
Quick to make
Easy to customise
Share your protein balls on social media @ReflexNutrition
Makes 12-15 protein balls
- 140g oats
- 50g cacao and caramel Plant-Based Protein
- 200g peanut butter
- 80g maple syrup
- Optional: cacao powder, cacao nibs
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until all the ingredients have broken down and formed into a cookie-dough like texture.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little more nut butter until the dough starts to come together. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more protein powder or oats.
- Once you have the right consistency, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and, using the palms of your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place on a tray.
- Once you have formed all the mixture into balls, place the tray in the fridge for an hour for the mixture to firm up.