EAT, BAKE AND BE SCARY!
Reflex Nutritionist Steph Evans (@Plant.steph) has been busy in the kitchen this week and has made us some mouth watering Plant-Based Blue Biscuits, with a beastly twist for Halloween!
These biscuits are so easy to make and so much fun to decorate! What could be better than that? Maybe if they contributed to your daily protein in take? Oh yeah...they do that too 😉
- 100g Sunflower spread (non-dairy butter)
- 1 tsp Ground flax with 1 tbsp water
- 100g Sweetener (or cane sugar)
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 60g Plant-Based Protein Vanilla Bean
- 160g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Blue gel food colouring
Edible eyes for decorating
- Preheat fan oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a bowl beat together the butter and sugar before adding flax "egg”, syrup and food colouring. Beat until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to form a stiff dough, adding in 1-2 tbsp more water to form a smooth firm dough if too crumbly.
- Separate out into 5 balls and press into a cookie shape. Place on baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack and stick on eyes with a touch of icing.
What is Plant-based Protein?
Plant-Based Protein is a blend of three high-quality protein sources with added vitamin B12, which contributes to normal immune function and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. With 21g of protein per serving this great-tasting, high-quality formula will give your body the protein it needs and help you to reach your fitness goals.
Available in three great-tasting natural flavours, Cacao & Caramel, Vanilla Bean and Wild Berry, Plant-Based Protein is also low in sugar, contains digestive enzymes and LactoSpore®, a friendly bacteria.